Nice study on how Facebook ecosystem influences the Web.
Based on a study of ~1.3 billion URLs crawled by Common Crawl in 2012:
- 22% of Web pages contain Facebook URLs
- 8% of Web pages implement Open Graph tags
- Among ~500m hardcoded links to Facebook, only 3.5 million are unique
- These are primarily for simple social integrations
Over the past two months, I’ve become very excited about what I call “social discovery”: leveraging what a person’s social network already knows to help them find and discover new ideas, places and things; and new technologies that make social networking more useful to learning about the world.
- amirmoravej likes this
- thierryratsiz reblogged this from zyxtlabs and added:
- thierryratsiz likes this
- strictlystationary likes this
- turing-machine reblogged this from zyxtlabs
- macdiva reblogged this from zyxtlabs
- lusciousity likes this
- andre3k1 likes this
- zyxtlabs posted this